The molecular haemostasis laboratory has been integrated with the regional molecular genetics laboratory located on level 6 of the Addenbrooke’s Treatment Centre (ATC). We offer genetic screening for mutations associated with thrombosis and bleeding disorders (Anthithrombin deficiency, Haemophilia A & B, rare inherited bleeding disorders and von Willebrand disease). The move means that tests and staff of the two laboratories will be fully integrated, our telephone number will be the same number as the East Anglian Medical Genetics Service 01223 348 866.
What does this mean for our users
- There is no change to sample requirements. Please contact haemostasis on 01223 274722 for further information.
- Factor V Leiden or Prothrombin gene mutation ONLY and all other genetic tests for haemostatic disorders should now be sent directly to molecular genetics laboratory on level 6 of the Addenbrooke’s Treatment Centre (Box 143).
- 5ml of EDTA (for adults) should be sent with an accompanying yellow molecular genetic testing referral card.
- MTHFR C677T screening is not offered at our lab any longer.
- All laboratory reports from this section, including Factor V Leiden and Prothrombin gene mutation, will now be issued from molecular genetics.
For any molecular testing question please visit our East Anglian Medical Genetics